On Sunday January 21st the Finals for our Club Championships were played in warm conditions.
Congratulations to the finalists.
Winner, won by Rick Smith when he defeated last years winner
Men’s Championship Pairs
Winners were won by Kevin Atkinson/John Cushion when they defeated
David Reid/Jim Gartner.
Minor Single Winner
Winner is Tony Innamorati when he defeated John Young.
Mixed Championship Pairs
Winners were Rachel Dean/Bob Jamieson who defeated
David Reid /Di Stephenson
The trophy winners were presented with their medals after the games at the Sausage sizzle.
We Thank Renzo for the many hours he spent running 2017/18 Club Championships.
For those who didn’t participate have you any suggestions for next seasons format.
Please forward your ideas via the Suggestion box to the Bowls Committee.
This is a good way of getting extra practice for Pennants
Rules & Conditions of Play
- Bowlers who have played the first two games in the top side are not eligible for the minor singles.
- Championship matches are to be played on the nominated dates.
- Inclement weather will be taken into consideration. Open gender or mixed events the 36 degree temperature policy will apply, and if rain prevents play the dates will be altered.
- Any bowler who cannot play on the nominated day will forfeit.
- Substitutes will be allowed for Pairs with Bowlers that have not nominated for the Championships in that category.
- Winners may have to play two games on one day.
- The onus is on YOU to ensure your name is in the events you have nominated for.
- Practicing on the green programmed for matches is NOT allowed on match days.
- Match days can be changed at the discretion of the Championship Co-ordinator.
- Consultation between the Championship Co-ordinator and Bowlers in multiple finals will sort out any issues.
- After reading the conditions of play do not suit you, please do not enter the competition.
- A round of Singles will be split into two sessions: morning and afternoon. Players will be expected to mark for the session they are not playing in.
- The Championship Co-ordinator is available if you have any issues.